The guidelines for the D2L Innovation in Teaching and Learning award have been amended for 2022. The events of the past two years have provided us with the opportunity to focus on celebrating collaboration and teams within the context of the D2L award. Please review the updated application process and expectations for submissions.
If you are an individual applicant focused on innovation, we refer you to the 3M National Teaching Fellowship offered through STLHE. Learn more about 3MNTF here.
Established in 2012, the D2L Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning, sponsored by D2L (Desire2Learn), celebrates and recognizes up to five post-secondary collaborative teams each year for their innovative approaches that promote student-centred teaching and learning.
Award recipients receive the following:
- Up to $3,000 to offset the registration and travel costs to attend the Annual STLHE conference.
- The team will be recognized at the Conference Awards Ceremony.
- Each member of the team will receive a certificate in recognition of their significant collaborative contributions to teaching and learning.
- The Team will present a poster at the STLHE Annual Conference.
- Award recipients are strongly encouraged to submit a paper about their collaborative project to CELT (Collected Essays on Learning and Teaching).