Application dossiers for the D2L Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning are strictly limited to 25 numbered pages, 12-point font, and must include:
- D2L Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning Application Cover Page (current names, affiliations, and academic status of the collaborating team, full contact details for one team member (the award contact). The application cover page does NOT count toward the application page limit.
- A maximum 5000-word description paper of the team’s innovative approaches, contributions, and accomplishments. The application dossier needs to be self-contained since URLs and hyperlinks will not necessarily be followed as those would constitute pages beyond the limit established. The following headings are recommended if appropriate – Institutional Context, Goals of the Project, Description of the Team, Project Description, Impact on Student Learning, Future Developments, Bibliography
- The teaching innovation should be “completed” versus “in progress” in order for the team to be able to provide evidence of impact as well as a reflection of the impact.
- Tangible evidence documenting and supporting the impact and effectiveness of the innovation(s). More weight will be given to actual evidence than general statements of opinion or praise that it is unsubstantiated. Evidence could include feedback from learners (quantitative and qualitative), research data and analysis, student rating of instruction, and other forms of evidence of impact. Materials need to be clearly dated.
- Description/evidence of scholarship of teaching practices relating to the innovative approaches. This could include published papers, presentations, workshops, or other activities that demonstrate the team’s commitment and interest in sharing their teaching practices with colleagues and the teaching and learning community.
- Additional support documentation including letters, feedback or ratings, and excerpts of reports, newsletter contributions, or publications (maximum 5 pages of the 25 page total).
- The adjudication committee will not read any application that exceeds 25 pages. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee.
The completed D2L Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning Application Cover Page and supporting documentation should be submitted in a single PDF file (the photo of the applicant should be submitted as a separate file), and the application website form should be completed on or before the deadline.