Why Should I Use CATs?
Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs) can be used to improve the teaching and learning that occurs in a class. More frequent use of CATs can…
- Provide just-in-time feedback about the teaching-learning process
- Provide information about student learning with less work than traditional assignments (tests, papers, etc.)
- Encourage the view that teaching is an ongoing process of inquiry, experimentation, and reflection
- Help students become better monitors of their own learning
- Help students feel less anonymous, even in large courses
- Provide concrete evidence that the instructor cares about learning
Why Should I Use Padlet?
Padlet is a Just-In-Time-Teaching resource that is…
- Easy and Intuitive – you won’t find an simpler way to publish original content on the internet, period.
- Inclusive – we welcome people of all ages, skill levels, and abilities to use Padlet.
- Collaborative – Invite others to work with you on shared projects, assignments, and activities.
- Flexible – Add any file type you wish, organize however you want, and make it as public or as private as your heart desires.
- Portable – iOS, Android, and Kindle apps available.
- Beautiful – Hit the design sweet spot with just enough options that you can add your personal touch, but won’t be overwhelmed by customization menus.
- Private and secure – Make your padlets viewable only to a select group of people. We transfer data via SSL, go through regular security and vulnerability testing, and encrypt all pages.
- Supportive – This account (Support) doesn’t just tell you how to use our software, it shows you. And if you prefer to interact with people, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reactive – You can enable reactions like voting, liking, starring, and grading for posts which provides another layer of interaction and promotes the giving and receiving of feedback.
Why Should I Use Flexible Assessment?
Flexibility in assessment can…
- Further motivate students and engage them in the learning process by giving them some control over their learning.
- Flexible assessment is inclusive, learning-focused, transparent, and shared.
Why Should I Use ePortfolios?
ePortfolios generate learning because they…
- Provide an opportunity and virtual space for students to critically assess their academic work and to reflect on that work.
- Enable students to make connections among different courses, assignments, and other activities, such as work experience, extracurricular pursuits, volunteering opportunities, and more.
Ultimately these tips encourage you to be brave, try something new, and have fun!
New topic next week!