The Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) will hold a Special Meeting on Wednesday, June 16, 2021, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EDT. This Special Meeting is being called by the STLHE Board of Directors in response to a written requisition of 5% of voting members, as per by-law section 6.2, requesting additional information on governance.
We will be holding the Special Meeting on Zoom. Members will be asked to register and will be sent the link after registration.
The business to be conducted at the special meeting:
- Review chronology and respond to questions by the membership as per the request for additional information on governance in the written requisition for a special meeting
- Review Annotated By-law
Several documents have been attached to help you understand the rationale for these changes. We hope you will review them before the Special Meeting:
- Annotated version of the by-law changes
- Frequently Asked Questions that will further explain some of the by-law changes
- Chronology of STLHE Board Discussions Relevant to a Request for a Special Meeting – January 2020 to May 2021
- The STLHE Secretary’s response to the requisition particulars
We look forward to answering any further questions interested members might bring forward.
In many ways, this Meeting will likely repeat some of the information provided to the members in the Information Session held on May 20 (you may access the recording of that meeting here).
As you may already be aware, the by-law revision will be a matter of a membership vote at the AGM, which is being held on Friday, June 18 from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. EDT. Please register here if you plan to attend.