STLHE Call for Nominations for the Board of Directors
May 11, 2022
The Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) invites nominations for five (5) positions on its Board of Directors.
About the Board: The Board of Directors is elected by the membership of the Society to oversee the Society’s activities. The Society elects its Directors, and the Directors elect, amongst themselves, the positions of Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer. The Board is responsible for setting the Society’s general policies and achieving its intended goals by planning and ensuring continuity of the Society’s activities.
Meetings: Most of the Board’s business is conducted by email and online video conferencing. Meetings are held approximately once per month by online video conference and, COVID restrictions permitting, in person once or twice a year, such as during the STLHE Annual Conference in June.
Term of Office: The term of office is three years, beginning in June 2022 and ending in June 2025.
- You are an STLHE member in good standing.
- Your work experience is aligned with the vision and goals of STLHE.
- You are willing to lead and be part of a team.
- Your oral communication skills in both languages are encouraged and, if lacking, we will support the development of language skills as necessary.
Information about the current Board can be found here: https://www.stlhe.ca/about-stlhe/board-of-directors/
Nomination Process: If you are interested in this position or know of a good candidate, please consider making a nomination. Self-nominations will be accepted.
- Submit a brief 250-word expression of interest indicating your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for the position. Your expression of interest can be written in your preferred language of either French or English and the Society will prepare the translation into the other language.
- Send your package by email to the Chair of the Nominations Committee, Anita Acai (email@example.com).
Deadline and Confirmation: The deadline for nominations is May 11, 2022. The Chair of the STLHE Nominations Committee will contact the candidate by email to acknowledge and confirm the receipt of their nomination to the Board of Directors.
Questions? Any questions can be directed to Anita Acai (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the Nominating Committee. This is a very exciting time in the Society’s history, and you will join a very passionate and talented group of people. Please help us to improve student learning and the status of teaching in Canada.
For more information about STLHE By-laws, policies, and governance, visit the website at: https://www.stlhe.ca/about-stlhe/by-laws/
Thank you for your interest and contributions to STLHE. We look forward to hearing from you by May 11, 2022.
The STLHE Nominations Committee:
- Anita Acai (email@example.com)
- Valerie Lopes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cynthia Korpan (email@example.com)