Job Posting: CANnect Forum Admin/ Moderator
June 30, 2021
The purpose of this role is to ensure the ongoing maintenance of the CANnect: Cross Campus Collaborations forum and website. This involves approving forum messages prior to their public posting to prevent inappropriate or hateful messages from being shared on the platform. It also involves monthly check-ins with the 3M National Student Fellowship 2020 Cohort, to provide ongoing updates regarding the functioning and use of the site and forum.
Contract: 2 years
Monday – Friday: 1 hour daily (to the moderator’s discretion)
Monthly meeting with the 3M team: 1 hour
Hourly pay: $25/hour
The successful applicant will participate in a training session on moderation skills and on what qualifies as inappropriate content prior to commencing the position.
- Reviewing and approving pending posts for the forum;
- Creating content (e.g., discussion prompts) to increase engagement in the forum;
- Participate in monthly meetings with the project committee to report any relevant information;
- Recommend suggestions to the website content if applicable.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion familiarity – Experience working with diverse peoples
- Good ethical judgement
- Experience with social media and website management
- Ability to work independently
- Planning and organizing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Canadian post-secondary environment is an asset.
- Bilingual in English/French
STLHE is an equal opportunities employer, and we strongly encourage members of diverse and minority communities to apply.
Application deadline: June 30th, 2021
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.