Call for Nominations: STLHE Board of Directors
May 28, 2021
The Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE), in alignment with the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, invites nominations for seven (7) director positions on its Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors is accountable to the members, has a fiduciary responsibility to the Society as a whole, and is elected by its members. The Board is responsible for managing, supervising and making decisions regarding the activities and affairs of the Society. Your nomination for a director position does not have to be tailored for any specific role.
Term of Office
The term of office is three (3) years, beginning in June 2021 and ending in June 2024.
- You are an STLHE member-in-good-standing.
- Your work experience is aligned with the vision and goals of STLHE.
- You are willing to lead and be part of a team.
- Your oral communication skills in both languages are encouraged and, if lacking, we will support the development of language skills as necessary.
Board members’ responsibilities here: https://www.stlhe.ca/about/by-laws/article-3-board-of-directors/:
If you are interested in this position or know of a good candidate, please consider making a nomination. Self-nominations will be accepted.
- Submit a 250-word expression of interest indicating your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for a director position. Your expression of interest can be written in your preferred language of either French or English and the Society will prepare the translation into the other language.
- Include a letter of support from your institution. The letter should include an indication of the kinds of supports that would be available to you (e.g., time, financial) if you are elected.
- Send your package by email to the Chair of the Nominations Committee, Tim Loblaw.
Deadline and Confirmation
The deadline for nominations is May 28, 2021. The Chair of the STLHE Nominations Committee will contact the candidate by email to acknowledge and confirm the receipt of their nomination to the Board of Directors.
Any questions can be directed to Tim Loblaw, Chair of the Nominating Committee. This is an exciting time in the Society’s history, and you will join a passionate and talented group of people. Please help us to improve student learning and the status of teaching in Canada.
For more information about STLHE Board of Directors, by-laws, policies, and governance, visit the website at: https://www.stlhe.ca/about-stlhe/by-laws/
Thank you for your interest and contributions to STLHE. We look forward to hearing from you by May 28, 2021.