D2L Innovation Award: Call for Coordinator
The Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) is seeking applications from qualified individuals interested in the volunteer position of Program Coordinator, D2L Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning. Established in 2012, the D2L Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning, sponsored by D2L (Desire2Learn), has celebrated outstanding educators who are redefining the learning experience of students through innovative practices. As of 2022, the award will recognize and celebrate up to five post-secondary collaborative teams each year for their innovative approaches that promote student-centred teaching and learning. For additional information about the Award please refer to: https://www.stlhe.ca/awards/d2l-innovation-award-in-teaching-and-learning/
The Program Coordinator manages the award throughout the year, recognizing that some responsibilities may become more intense prior to deadlines and upcoming events. The Coordinator is responsible for the call for nominations, coordination of the selection process, and coordinating with local STLHE Conference Committee events associated with the award.
The Coordinator consults with, and reports to, the STLHE Awards Chair, who has oversight of all STLHE award programs, and works closely with the STLHE Executive Director and Administrative Centre on all aspects of running the program.
- In coordination with the STLHE Executive Director the coordinator reports to and prepares an annual report for the Awards Chair of the STLHE Board of Directors and works closely with both the Awards and Partnerships Chairs to build and maintain a strong relationship with Program’s sponsor—D2L;
- Is a spokesperson for promoting the D2L Innovation Award and the mission and values of STLHE; and
- Participates in meetings regarding the D2L Innovation Award and seeks advice on special projects.
STLHE National Conference
- Attends the STLHE Annual Conference and works closely with the program committee and STLHE Awards Chair on program related events.
Criteria for Applicants
- STLHE member-in-good-standingFamiliarity with the D2L selection process
- Strong facilitation and project management skills
- Experience with using Dropbox
- Suitable administrative experience
- Willingness to commit the time necessary to achieve the goals of the D2L Innovation Award
- Ability to work on an ongoing basis with the STLHE Awards Chair, the STLHE Board of Directors, STLHE Administrative Centre, and D2L
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Program Coordinator Supports
- Administrative support of the STLHE Administrative Centre
- Access to tools and applications subscribed to by STLHE (e.g., Zoom– online meetings; Dropbox – file management, other)
- Knowledge and expertise of previous program coordinator through a year of side-by-side mentorship
- Ongoing support of the current STLHE Awards Chair
- Budget support of the STLHE Treasurer
Term of Appointment
The term of each appointment is four years beginning December 2021 and ending December 2025.
How to Apply
Submit a brief (maximum 2 pages) outlining why you are interested in this position and how your background meets the stated criteria and responsibilities specified above. Email your brief to the STLHE Executive Director, Michelle MacDonald: email@example.com by November 1, 2021.
A Committee will review all applications.
Thank you for your interest in this position.