Council of National Fellows for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
The Council of Fellows is a constituency of STLHE and a vibrant community of award-winning teachers and students. In its 35-year history of supporting excellent teaching and learning and educational leadership in higher education, over 350 National Teaching Fellows and National Student Fellows have been welcomed into the Fellowship.
- To promote the Fellowship, its members and activities to outside constituencies and with strategic partners.
- To celebrate projects spearheaded by the Fellows and disseminate news about the Fellows’ initiatives, impact and accomplishments.
- To create communities of practice both regionally and nationally among Fellows to discuss important issues in Higher Education teaching, learning and educational leadership.
- To design and implement projects that enhance teaching and learning excellence and educational leadership in Canadian Higher Education.
- To develop relationships and build collaborative opportunities with award-winning teachers and award-winning students internationally.
- To support and advise in the coordination and adjudication of the 3M National Teaching Fellowship and the 3M National Student Fellowship.
- To participate in public debates and discussions as advocates for valuing teaching and learning in Higher Education in policy making in provincial and national contexts.
The Council of Fellows community is made up of 3M National Teaching Fellows, 3M National Student Fellows, and College Sector Educator Award recipients.
For more information about the Council of Fellows, please visit http://www.3mcouncil.ca/.