News & Updates

The publication of Volume 10 Issue 2 of The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning

We are delighted to announce the publication of Volume 10 Issue 2 of The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (CJSoTL)/La revue canadienne sur l’avancement des connaissances en enseignement et en apprentissage (RCACEA), an official, trans-disciplinary, peer-reviewed, electronic publication of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.

CJSoTL/RCACEA seeks to advance the scholarship of teaching and learning in Canadian post-secondary institutions. It therefore provides an avenue for a wide range of educators, including faculty members, administrators, academic librarians, educational developers, learning resource specialists, and graduate students, to discuss ways of enhancing student learning experiences through systematic inquiry into teaching and learning in all disciplines.

We invite submissions, in either English or French, from anyone, including international colleagues, interested in discussing teaching and learning issues that are relevant to different types of institutions in the Canadian context.

Volume 10 Issue 2 continues to exemplify this significant contribution to the SoTL literature with the following articles.

Characterizing SoTL Across Canada
Genevieve Newton, Janice Miller-Young, and Monica Sanago

Navigating the Lows to Gain New Heights: Constraints to SoTL Engagement
Andrea S. Webb

Educational Leadership in Teaching Excellence (EnLITE): A Peer-Driven Faculty Development Program
Andrea C. Buchholz, Janet Wolstenholme, Jeji Varghese, J. Andrew Robinson, Jennifer Spencer, and Jennifer Reniers

Emergence of Different Perspectives of Success in Collaborative Learning
Sarina Falcione, Eleanor Campbell, Brett McCollum, Julia Chamberlain, Miguel Macias, Layne Morsch, and Chantz Pinder

The Possible Learning and Teaching Benefits of Short Mind-calming Exercises in Undergraduate Course
Paul Grogan

Introducing a Late Bank in Online Graduate Courses: The Response of Students
Meadow Schroeder, Erica Makarenko, and Karly Warren

An Exploration of Writing Self-Efficacy and Writing Self-Regulatory Behaviours in Undergraduate Writing
Kim M. Mitchell, Diana E. McMillan, and Rasheda Rabbani

A Three-Pronged Approach to Helping Students Internalize APA Style based in Self-Determination Theory
Lia M. Daniels and Kathleen E. Kennedy

Book Review: Classroom Action: Human Rights, Critical Activism, and Community-Based Education
Norma-Jean Nielsen

Book Review: The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Canada: Institutional Impact
Jessica Pearce

We invite you to read these exceptional articles and learn more about the journal by visiting http://www.cjsotl-rcacea.ca/.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Marquis, Senior Editor
Ken N. Meadows, Managing Editor
The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning