It is election time for the STLHE Board of Directors and three (3) positions are involved:
- Chair of the Standing Committee for Partnerships
- Chair of the Standing Committee for Bilingualism Advocacy
For each, the term of office is three years, with a maximum of two consecutive terms.
The Nominations Committee would like to begin the process with an open call for nominations of individuals. Any member of the STLHE may also self-nominate. To nominate a candidate, we ask that you do the following:
- Check that the person is a member-in-good-standing of the STLHE;
- Verify that person’s willingness to stand;
- Ensure that the person is able to attend the STLHE Annual General Meeting in person (at the annual STLHE conference, usually in June); and
- Confirm with the individual that she/he is aware that the time and expenses associated with these meetings is the responsibility of the incumbent and that, if they think it important, they should seek institutional support for this work from their direct supervisor.
- Once you have confirmed that the person is willing and able to make this commitment, please email the Nominations Committee with your nomination before 4:30 P.M. Eastern by Monday, 13 May 2019 (contact information below). Each candidate will then be asked to submit a photograph, short biography, and statement indicating their interest in the position (maximum 250 words) in the language(s) of his/her choice.
Thank you for your interest and contributions to STLHE. We look forward to hearing from you by Wednesday, 22 May 2019.