News & Updates

New issue of CJSoTL (9:2)

The publication of Volume 9 Issue 2 of The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning

Dear Colleagues:

We are delighted to announce the publication of Volume 9 Issue 2 of The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (CJSoTL)/La revue canadienne sur l’avancement des connaissances en enseignement et en apprentissage (RCACEA), an official, trans-disciplinary, peer-reviewed, electronic publication of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.

CJSoTL/RCACEA seeks to advance the scholarship of teaching and learning in Canadian post-secondary institutions. It therefore provides an avenue for a wide range of educators, including faculty members, administrators, academic librarians, educational developers, learning resource specialists, and graduate students, to discuss ways of enhancing student learning experiences through systematic inquiry into teaching and learning in all disciplines.

We invite submissions, in either English or French, from anyone, including international colleagues, interested in discussing teaching and learning issues that are relevant to different types of institutions in the Canadian context.

Volume 9 Issue 2 continues to exemplify this significant contribution to the SoTL literature with the following articles.

Audio Feedback: Student and Teaching Assistant Perspectives on an Alternative Mode of Feedback for Written Assignments
Fiona Rawle, Mindy Thuna, Ting Zhao, and Michael Kaler

Textbook Affordability and Student Acceptance of eTextbooks: An Institutional Case-study
Andy M. Benoit

Turnitin(r) Use at a Canadian University
Christine Zaza and Amanda McKenzie

Performance, Preference, and Perception in Experiential Learning Assessment
Jay R. Wilson, Thomas T. Yates, and Kendra Purton

A Common Book: A Novel Approach to Teaching and Learning
Kristen A. Ferguson, Natalya Brown, and Linda Piper

Investigating the Relationship between Residence Learning Community Participation and Student Academic Outcomes in a Canadian Institution
Justine O. Hobbins, Mildred Eisenbach, Kerry L. Ritchie, and Shoshanah Jacobs

Sharing Narratives to Foster Mental Health Literacy in Teacher Candidates
Vera Woloshyn and Michael J. Savage

Measuring the Impact of a Weeklong Fall Break on Stress Physiology in First Year Engineering Students
Ayesha Khan, Heather Poole, and Elliott A. Beaton

Using Appreciative Inquiry to Understand the Role of Teaching Practices in Student Well-being at a Research-Intensive University
Kathleen Lane, Minnie Y. Teng, Steven J. Barnes, Katherine Moore, Karen Smith, and Michael Lee

Book Review: Overcoming Student Learning Bottlenecks: Decode the Critical Thinking of Your Discipline
Emily Ballantyne

We invite you to read these exceptional articles and learn more about the journal by visiting http://www.cjsotl-rcacea.ca/.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Marquis, Senior Editor
Ken N. Meadows, Managing Editor
The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning

Archives