News & Updates

New issue of CJSoTL (9:1)

We are delighted to announce the publication of Volume 9 Issue 1 of The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (CJSoTL)/La revue canadienne sur l’avancement des connaissances en enseignement et en apprentissage (RCACEA), an official, trans-disciplinary, peer-reviewed, electronic publication of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.

CJSoTL/RCACEA seeks to advance the scholarship of teaching and learning in Canadian post-secondary institutions. It therefore provides an avenue for a wide range of educators, including faculty members, administrators, academic librarians, educational developers, learning resource specialists, and graduate students, to discuss ways of enhancing student learning experiences through systematic inquiry into teaching and learning in all disciplines.

We invite submissions, in either English or French, from anyone, including international colleagues, interested in discussing teaching and learning issues that are relevant to different types of institutions in the Canadian context.

Volume 9 Issue 1 continues to exemplify this significant contribution to the SoTL literature with the following articles.

Teaching and Researching Ethically: Guidance for Instructor-Researchers, Educational Developers, and Research Ethics Personnel
Michelle K. McGinn

Chemistry Professors’ Perceptions of Undergraduate Learning
Tanya Chichekian, Olivia (Liv) Hua, and Bruce M. Shore

Between Knowing and Learning: New Instructors’ Experiences in Active Learning Classrooms
Andrea Phillipson, Annie Riel, and Andy B. Leger

As Good or Better than Commercial Textbooks: Students’ Perceptions and Outcomes from Using Open Digital and Open Print Textbooks
Rajiv S. Jhangiani, Farhad N. Dastur, Richard Le Grand, and Kurt Penner

Self-Regulation and “Time Off”: Evaluations and Reflections on the Development of a Blended Course
Natalie Spadafora and Zopito Marini

“We Learn by Doing”: Teaching and Learning Knowledge Translation Skills at the Graduate Level
Andrea V. Breen, Kate Twigger, Caroline Duvieusart-Déry, Jessica Boulé, Alessia Borgo, Reisha Ferandes, Mercerina Lychek, Sarah Ranby, Christine Scott, and Emma Whitehouse

Navigating the Tensions of Innovative Assessment and Pedagogy in Higher Education
Jennifer Lock, Beaumie Kim, Kim Koh, and Gabrielle Wilcox

Centres for Teaching and Learning across Canada: What’s Going On?
Sarah E. Forgie, Olive Yonge, and Robert Luth

Sparking SoTL: Triggers and Stories from One Institution
Klodiana Kolomitro, Cory Laverty, and Denise Stockley

We invite you to read these exceptional articles and learn more about the journal by visiting http://www.cjsotl-rcacea.ca/.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Marquis, Senior Editor
Ken N. Meadows, Managing Editor
The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning

Archives