News & Updates

STLHE – Publication of Volume 7 Issue 2 of The CJSoTL

We are delighted to announce the publication of Volume 7 Issue 2 of The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (CJSoTL)/La revue canadienne sur l’avancement des connaissances en enseignement et en apprentissage (RCACEA), the official, trans-disciplinary, peer-reviewed, electronic publication of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.

CJSoTL/RCACEA seeks to advance the scholarship of teaching and learning in Canadian post-secondary institutions. It therefore provides an avenue for a wide range of educators, including faculty members, administrators, academic librarians, educational developers, learning resource specialists, and graduate students, to discuss ways of enhancing student learning experiences through systematic inquiry into teaching and learning in all disciplines.

We invite submissions, in either English or French, from anyone, including international colleagues, interested in discussing teaching and learning issues that are relevant to different types of institutions in the Canadian context.

Volume 7 Issue 2 continues to exemplify this significant contribution to the SoTL literature with the following articles.

“Acknowledge the Barriers to Better the Practices: Support for Student Mental Health in Higher Education”
Maria Lucia DiPlacito-DeRango

“Collaborative Work and the Future of Humanities Teaching”
Michael Ullyot and Kate E. O’Neill

“Teaching Subjectively: Interdisciplinary Insights”
Stacy Douglas, Betina Kuzmarov, Karen Schwartz, Mira Sucharov, and Sarah L. Todd

“Environmental Scan of Weight Bias Exposure in Primary Health Care Training Programs”
Shelly Russell-Mayhew, Sarah Nutter, Angela Alberga, Susan Jelinski, Geoff D C Ball, Alun Edwards, Scott Oddie, Arya M. Sharma, Barbara Pickering, and Mary Forhan

“Examining the University-Profession Divide: An Inquiry into a Teacher Education Program’s Practices”
Awneet Sivia and Sheryl MacMath

“Integrated Experiential Education: Definitions and a Conceptual Model”
Lara Fenton and Karen Gallant

“Building Rapport Between International Graduate Students and Their Faculty Advisors: Cross-Cultural Mentoring Relationships at the University of Guelph”
Faiza Omar, James P. Mahone, Jane Ngobia, and John FitzSimons

“Exploring Local Level Factors Shaping the Implementation of a Blended Learning Module for Information and Geospatial Literacy in Ontario”
Michelle M. Vine, Catherine Chiappetta-Swanson, John Maclachlan, Jason J. Brodeur, and Julianne Bagg

We invite you to read these exceptional articles and learn more about the journal by visiting http://www.cjsotl-rcacea.ca/.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Marquis, Senior Editor
Ken N. Meadows, Managing Editor
The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning

Maria Lucia DiPlacito-DeRango

Michael Ullyot and Kate E. O’Neill

Awneet Sivia and Sheryl MacMath

Lara Fenton and Karen Gallant

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Marquis, Senior Editor
Ken N. Meadows, Managing Editor

Archives