Christopher Knapper Outstanding Volunteer Award
The Outstanding Volunteer Award will recognize members who have gone above and beyond the call of duty for an extended period of time by providing volunteer service to STLHE.
Terms of Reference
There will two categories of volunteers:
- Those members who provide volunteer service to the Society, where such service would normally be a financial cost to the Society, e.g. translation services for the newsletter.
- Those members who provide outstanding leadership to the Society in volunteer service or are recognized as role models in leading STLHE initiatives, e.g. newsletter co-editors or listserv manager.
- Candidates will normally be members of STLHE.
- Directors or other STLHE officers are not eligible to participate.
- No one individual shall receive the Award more than once.
- The award is offered every two years (odd number years i.e. 2017, 2019, 2021..).
- A certificate given at the STLHE annual general meeting at the STLHE June conference.
- $1500 towards conference registration and travel expenses.
- Eligible volunteers must be nominated by an STLHE member-in-good-standing.
- The nomination must include a two-page summary illustrating the contributions made by the candidate, as well as the reasons why he or she deserves the prize. This may include a summary of letters of support.
- The Selection Committee will pay particular attention to the scope and extent of contributions to candidates STLHE during the last five years.
The completed nomination and supporting documentation should be submitted electronically, in a single PDF file, on or before the deadline, through the following Dropbox:
Send a separate, high resolution (minimum 300 dpi) digital photograph of the nominee.
Nominations must be submitted electronically on or before 28 February 2017
STLHE Christopher Knapper Outstanding Volunteer Award Coordinator