The Criteria for the 3M Student Fellowship
*Please note: These guidelines have been amended as of October, 2020. Awardees are selected based on demonstrated outstanding excellence in two equally weighted categories:
- Leadership: Leadership involves leading significant transformation at a post-secondary institution at an institutional, disciplinary, community, and/or societal level that demonstrates a lived commitment to improving higher education and society. Leadership fosters and supports change, and leads to a more inclusive, equitable, and diverse post-secondary education landscape.
- Innovation: Innovation is the novel execution of ideas that contribute to more effective practices and supports for students in post-secondary education. The result of innovation impacts people in academia and beyond.
This Fellowship is supported by 3M Canada whose values are:
- Supporting equity and inclusion in education, especially STEM education.
- Equipping our future workforce to put a brighter future within reach for Canada and Canadians.
- Advocating for science.
- Creating a better world through science and inspiring others to join us.