3MNSF Program Coordinator
The 3M National Teaching Fellowship (3MNSF) Program Coordinator is a STLHE member appointed to this position for a period of three years plus an additional year to mentor the incoming coordinator. This individual promotes the ethos of the 3M National Teaching Fellowship and brings strong facilitation skills, administrative experience, and is willing to commit the time and devotion necessary to achieve the goals of the 3MNSF.
Throughout the year the 3MNSF Coordinator oversees and manages aspects of the 3MNSF. The Coordinator is responsible for the call for nominations, coordination of the selection process, coordinating with local STLHE Conference Committee events associated with the Fellowship, and oversight of the Conference Summit. S/he coordinates with the STLHE Executive Director on these administrative duties.
- May be a Member (ex officio) of the Executive of the Council of 3M Fellows
- In coordination with the STLHE Executive Director the coordinator reports to and prepares an annual report for the Awards Chair of the STLHE Board of Directors and works closely with both the Awards and Partnerships Chairs to build and maintain a strong relationship with Program’s sponsors—3M Canada and Maclean’s;
- Works closely throughout the year with the STLHE Executive Director on all aspects of the 3MNSF Program including the Conference Summit agenda, the awards presentation and a meeting with Chair of the 3M Council Executive, president of STLHE and sponsors at the Conference Summit; and
- Is a spokesperson for promoting the 3MNSF and the mission and values of STLHE and the Council of 3M National Teaching Fellows.
Selection of New Fellows
- Is Chair of the adjudication committee for the award and nominates committee members to the STLHE Board of Directors for approval, overseas the distribution to the of nomination files, and guidelines and tools to assist with the selection.
- In conjunction with the adjudication committee prepares feedback for unsuccessful nominees, writes citations, notifies and regularly corresponds with successful nominees, and makes any suggestions for revisions to the call for nominations for the following year.
- With the assistance of the STLHE Executive Director, prepares and distributes materials for the Call for Nomination of 3M National Student Fellows including: advertisements and web-related information and insures appropriate media coverage for the new cohort of 3M Fellows by preparing press releases and related materials including conference banquet brochure.
STLHE National Conference and 3M Conference Summit
- Attends the STLHE Annual Conference and works closely with the local program committee and STLHE Awards Chair on program related events including the “The Journey Begins Meet and Greet” session and the “Meet the new 3M National Student Fellows” session.
- Attends and plans the 3MNSF Conference Summit and participates in selecting suitable facilitators for the summit. The Coordinator has the first right of refusal to be a facilitator at the summit. The role of Facilitator is separate from the role of Coordinator of the 3MNSF.