Educational Developers Caucus
The Caucus defines itself as a community of practice with a mission to work within the aims and structure of the STLHE to facilitate the advancement and evolution of educational development as a field of practice and scholarship by communications, networking, professional development opportunities and advocacy strategies. For more information about the EDC, see “About the EDC“.
What’s New? (October 8, 2014)
- Magna Online Seminars: Each semester, Magna, a STLHE Partner, offers a variety of online seminars that address critical issues facing faculty and administrators. These live, interactive sessions feature leading educators and include opportunities for a healthy exchange of ideas between participants. The current list of seminars is available on the STLHE web site and for every STLHE member that uses our links to the seminars MAGNA contributes to STLHE. And, remember there’s never a charge for inviting colleagues to sit in!
- EDC 2015 (Winnipeg, MA): Call for proposals extended to Friday, October, 31, 2014.
- Mentorship Action Group: Meeting notes under, “Action Groups“
- The new EDC website is still under development (delayed due to development difficulties. Content has yet to be moved over once resolved). We had a sneak peek at the EDC GM at STLHE 2015. Delayed launch date awaiting completion by company and transfer of content. .
Items of Interest
- EDC 2016 Conference: Call for proposals. Read more if your institution is interested in hosting the 2016 EDC conference.
- Educational Developers Must Reads: Submissions by EDC members.
- Educational Development Grants: Small grants (available now, deadline: anytime). See grants page for more info.
- New EDC Website in the works: The new website will enable EDC members to use key terms to navigate and contribute directly to our rich resources, and allow more flexibility and interactivity. Volunteer Opportunity: Sign-up here: http://i.sfu.ca/wPfjWI if you are interested in helping with the new website. Activities may include: providing input and feedback on design, information architecture and key terms; moving or creating content; and testing.
- More job descriptions and mentorship resources under “Community Resources” section. Meeting minutes and GM slides under “About the EDC” –> “Documents.”
- Maillist: Instructions on how to remove yourself from the maillist are at the bottom of each email. You need to use the exact email address that you submitted when joining EDC, or the current email address we have on file for you.
Previous Website Updates (July 7, 2014)
- Action Groups page: Updates as submitted by the groups (i.e. Education for Sustainability and Mentoring).
- The 2014 Approved Budget is now available.
For any updates or contributions to the current EDC website or if you need assistance with the EDC maillist, contact Stephanie Chu, Vice-Chair, Communications.