Educational Developers Caucus
The Caucus defines itself as a community of practice with a mission to work within the aims and structure of the STLHE to facilitate the advancement and evolution of educational development as a field of practice and scholarship by communications, networking, professional development opportunities and advocacy strategies. For more information about the EDC, see “About the EDC“.
What’s New? (March 24, 2015)
- Call for Grant Applications and Proposal Reviewers: See the grants page. Also, new pages have been created on how to apply for a grant or become a reviewer and information on funded projects.
- EDC 2016: Join us in Windsor, ON!
- EDC 2015: Call for artifacts and photos! Please send your conference photos and artifacts from sessions to the Vice-Chair Communications, (Stephanie Chu, firstname.lastname@example.org) with related information (i.e. session or event title, authors/people involved/gave approval for their photo to be included, short description of the materials submitted.)
- Action Groups: Related community resource pages updated and summary document available.
- Teaching & Learning Centre contact page: updated.
Items of Interest
- Action Group page now links to topic-specific pages which include action group information and resources contributed by the EDC community.
- Community Resources page and sub-menu rebuilt to house pages for different topics, all resources available at the same level and integrate the action groups and past Institute resources.
- Addressed challenges with finding maillist information by creating “Maillist & Communications” link in left menu
- 2015 EDC Institute at York University, Toronto, ON: For more information and to register.
- Teaching & Learning Centres list: Updated and includes downloadable .pdf.
- Grants projects: Table updated.
- Mentorship Action Group: Meeting notes under, “Action Groups“.
- Educational Development Grants: Small grants (available now, deadline: anytime). See grants page for more info.
- Magna Online Seminars: Each semester, Magna, a STLHE Partner, offers a variety of online seminars that address critical issues facing faculty and administrators. These live, interactive sessions feature leading educators and include opportunities for a healthy exchange of ideas between participants. The current list of seminars is available on the STLHE web site and for every STLHE member that uses our links to the seminars MAGNA contributes to STLHE. And, remember there’s never a charge for inviting colleagues to sit in!
- More job descriptions and mentorship resources under “Community Resources” section.
- The new EDC website is no longer under development due to unexpected challenges with the company for all STLHE sites.
- Maillist: Instructions on how to remove yourself from the maillist are at the bottom of each email. You need to use the exact email address that you submitted when joining EDC, or the current email address we have on file for you.
For any updates or contributions to the current EDC website or if you need assistance with the EDC maillist, contact Stephanie Chu, Vice-Chair, Communications.