Educational Developers Caucus
The Caucus defines itself as a community of practice with a mission to work within the aims and structure of the STLHE to facilitate the advancement and evolution of educational development as a field of practice and scholarship by communications, networking, professional development opportunities and advocacy strategies. For more information about the EDC, see “About the EDC“.
What’s New? (December 6, 2014)
- 2015 EDC Institute at York University, Toronto, ON: For more information and to register.
Items of Interest
- Mentorship Action Group: Meeting notes under, “Action Groups“.
- Educational Development Grants: Small grants (available now, deadline: anytime). See grants page for more info.
- Magna Online Seminars: Each semester, Magna, a STLHE Partner, offers a variety of online seminars that address critical issues facing faculty and administrators. These live, interactive sessions feature leading educators and include opportunities for a healthy exchange of ideas between participants. The current list of seminars is available on the STLHE web site and for every STLHE member that uses our links to the seminars MAGNA contributes to STLHE. And, remember there’s never a charge for inviting colleagues to sit in!
- Educational Developers Must Reads: Submissions by EDC members.
- More job descriptions and mentorship resources under “Community Resources” section. Meeting minutes and GM slides under “About the EDC” –> “Documents.”
- The new EDC website is still under development (delayed due to development difficulties. Content has yet to be moved over once resolved). Delayed launch date awaiting completion by company and transfer of content.
- Maillist: Instructions on how to remove yourself from the maillist are at the bottom of each email. You need to use the exact email address that you submitted when joining EDC, or the current email address we have on file for you.
Previous Website Updates
- Updates to EDC Institute, EDC Conferences, Grants and main pages.
- Action Groups page: Updates as submitted by the groups (i.e. Education for Sustainability and Mentoring).
- The 2014 Approved Budget is now available.
For any updates or contributions to the current EDC website or if you need assistance with the EDC maillist, contact Stephanie Chu, Vice-Chair, Communications.